The Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI) gathers expert knowledge and experience of the Euro-Mediterranean countries with the objective to contribute to the creation of a unified, integrated Euro-Mediterranean higher education and research area. We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic project officer to join an international, dynamic and ambitious institution in its expanding activities and in creating a bigger impact.
Location: Piran, Slovenia
Starting date: asap and not later than 1 May 2022
The responsibilities of the project officer include the following:
- Administrative support to ongoing projects conducted at EMUNI, from participating in preparing documentation reports to communicating with external partners;
- Support in developing new projects, proposals and applications on behalf of EMUNI;
- Collection of information for activities, web-based research;
- Supporting the design of reports and publications;
- Assisting the financial reporting;
- Assisting technical reporting;
- Preparation of evaluation forms;
- Support the coordination of events and logistics;
- Other relevant responsibilities are assigned by the Project manager, Head of the Department or the President of the University.
Key requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferably a Masters’ degree.
Fluency in spoken and written English.
- High level of digital literacy and affinity to new digital solutions supporting work – from good knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Excel to lots of new software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of commitment and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Attention to detail, commitment to work, cooperative attitude and willingness to learn.
- Teamwork and flexibility in taking on new tasks, as needed.
Willingness and ability for occasional travel.
- Knowledge of one or more languages of the Mediterranean is an advantage (French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic).
- Experience within higher education is an advantage.
Working experience in a multicultural environment is an advantage.
- Highly dynamic and varied work that allows you to continually learn and develop your potential.
- An opportunity to work in a motivated team, in an international environment with international partners.
- Remuneration in line with salary levels in Slovenia and opportunity for promotion.
- Opportunity to live and work in the coastal region of Slovenia, which offers a high quality of living.