The Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI) gathers expert knowledge and experience of the Euro-Mediterranean countries with the objective to contribute to the creation of a unified, integrated Euro-Mediterranean higher education and research area. We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic project officer to join an international, dynamic and ambitious institution in its expanding activities and in creating a bigger impact.
Location: Piran, Slovenia
Starting date: asap and not later than 15.12.
The responsibilities of the project officer include the following:
- Administrative support to ongoing projects conducted at EMUNI, from participating in preparing documentation reports to communication with external partners;
- Support in developing new projects, proposals and applications on behalf of EMUNI;
- Collection of information for activities, web-based research;
- Supporting the design of reports and publications;
- Assisting the financial reporting;
- Assisting technical reporting;
- Preparation of evaluation forms;
- Support to coordination of events and logistics;
- Other relevant responsibilities, assigned by the Project manager, Head of the Department or the President of the University.
Key requirements and Qualifications:
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferably a Masters’ degree.
Fluency in spoken and written English.
High level of digital literacy and affinity to new digital solutions supporting work – from good knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Excel to lots of new software;
Excellent communication skills.
Strong time management skills.
Attention to detail, commitment to work, cooperative attitude and willingness to learn.
Teamwork and flexibility in taking on new tasks, as needed.
Willingness and ability for occasional travel.
Knowledge of one or more languages of the Mediterranean is an advantage (French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic).
Experience within higher education is an advantage.
Working experience in a multicultural environment is an advantage.
Highly dynamic and varied work that allows you to continually learn and develop your potential.
An opportunity to work in a motivated team, in an international environment with international partners.
Remuneration in line with salary levels in Slovenia and opportunity for promotion.
Opportunity to live and work in the coastal region of Slovenia, which offers a high quality of living.