»Towards Tolerant and Plural Dialogues of Values and Religions in the Euro-Mediterranean«
26 – 27 September 2019
The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries (TWAS)
Lundqvist Room – Adriatico Guesthouse
Strada Costiera 11, Trieste
The MED-HUB project is organising this workshop with the aim of mapping the relevant knowledge and discussing latest research results in terms of values and religion throughout the EURO-MED region, with special focus on contemporary theories and practices of interreligious dialogues in the region. The purpose of the workshop is that by creating a community of scholars, teachers and other relevant stakeholders (NGOs, associations, etc.) we will be able to suggest new ways of how to teach future Euro-Mediterranean studies in the field of interreligious dialogue and education.
The topics addressed will be:
- Current theories and practices of interreligious dialogue and related kinds of intercultural communication
- Values and paths of interreligious dialogues in the era of (in)security and fear
- Addressing the limitations and recent cultural criticisms of interreligious dialogue
- Particularities of the history and present situation of interreligious relations in the Euro-Mediterranean and its relevancy for the future of interreligious relationships
- The importance of the common values for intercultural negotiation and education, in the context of religious and worldview differences in the Euro-Mediterranean region
- Educational aspects: ways towards teaching youth a tolerant dialogue between cultures, values and religions
- Intercultural dialogue within the framework of changing political paradigms and new connectivities
- Proposal for the »Mediterranean Nathan chair on interreligious education« to be jointly installed in Trieste & Piran
Registration to this event is compulsory. No entry to the building on the dates can be ensured without timely registration. Deadline for registration is 18.9.2019.