Innovation and entrepreneurship are considered a fruitful pursuit for creative and productive individuals. This unique programme is geared towards talented candidates who wish to draw on innovation in order to enhance their entrepreneurial thinking and implement their entrepreneurial ambition in the context of the Euro-Mediterranean region.
The programme is practice-oriented. It is designed to ensure the practical relevance of the theories and research on innovation and entrepreneurship for the participants, who will be improving their individual entrepreneurial ideas throughout the course. Field visits and practical training constitute an important part of the programme, ensuring exposure to entrepreneurship in practice.
Additionally, the background and cultural diversity of students and of the faculty in the programme contribute to developing the interpersonal skills and suited competence framework.
Distance learning (3 courses);
E-learning combined with face-to-face coaching in students’ countries (2 course);
Face-to-face interactive sessions, e-learning and field work in Slovenia and another EU country, most likely Italy or Spain (3 courses).
The programme aims to equip potential entrepreneurs with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to implement a project, manage an entrepreneurial enterprise and/or transform an idea into a sustainable business. Great emphasis is placed on the interaction of the theoretical and practical aspects of the programme. Throughout the year, students will develop awareness on the entrepreneurial process and practice action-oriented tools in different business contexts. Along their graduation project, the students will have the chance to apply their knowledge through dealing with key issues related to transforming their ideas into businesses and the creation of their own company.
To fulfil the admissions criteria, the candidates need to:
- Have a bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent, preferably in the fields of science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), business or economics;
- “Knowledge of English language according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) at B2 level.*”
- Have demonstrated an entrepreneurial attitude.
“All candidates must provide documentation to support the English language proficiency requirement. The following candidates are considered as fulfilling the English language proficiency requirement:
- Native speakers.
- Candidates with evidence of previous education/degree in English.
- Candidates with a demonstrated proficiency through English Language testing (date of Certificate must not be older than two years from their enrolment) with the following certificates:
- A valid IELTS score of 6.5 with not less than 6.0 in each of the four components OR
- PTE Academic: 62 with no less than 59 in any element OR
- TOEFL IBT score of 88 overall with a minimum of 21 in all components OR
- Cambridge FCE score of 160 or more
If the candidate does not fulfil any of the abovementioned requirements, or when in doubt about the authenticity or validity of the English language knowledge proofs, the English Language Department of EMUNI University can conduct a placement test for the candidate, which will provide proof of whether the candidate meets the required level of English language proficiency or requires a further preparatory course before enrolling.
If needed, the authorized person conducting the procedure of recognition of the foreign degree is allowed to request additional evidence of the foreign education in question.”
The programme is delivered as blended learning, in a combination of e-learning, coaching and face-to-face lectures. The course is divided into roughly 3 periods: the 1st period is implemented as e-learning, the 2nd is implemented as e-learning, combined with some coaching taking place at the partner universities in countries of the participants’ origin and the 3rd period is composed of face-to-face lectures and field trips, taking place in Piran, Slovenia and another country (most likely, Italy or Spain).
The programme starts in September 2021
The face-to-face session will take place over 4 weeks, around end of February/begining of March 2022
The programme finishes at the end of March 2022.
The following 8 modules are offered in a total amount of 30 ECTS:
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship (3 ECTS);
- Entrepreneurial Human Resource Management (3 ECTS);
- Entrepreneurial Business and Governance Models (3 ECTS);
- Entrepreneurial Finance (3 ECTS)*;
- Legal Environment (3 ECTS)*;
- Project Management (3 ECTS);
- Entrepreneurial Marketing Strategies (6 ECTS);
- Business Plan Seminar (6 ECTS);
- Field visits (optional: 2-3 visits in Slovenia and another EU country).
* This course will be implemented in the student’s country of origin in collaboration with EMUNI partners in this programme or others from EMUNI network. The name of the teachers in those countries will be announced later.
The study programme is comprised of 8 obligatory courses Six courses have 3 ECTS and 2 courses have 6 ECTS each.
The programme is based on a modular structure using block-model and implemented through blended learning. The programme includes three blocks conducted over a period of six months, each divided into two or three modules, as follows (Figure 1). Also, each block can be individually administrated.
Figure 1: Euro-Mediterranean Entrepreneurship Diploma study programme structure
The programme is conducted through a blended-learning approach combining Face-to-Face (F2F) and distance learning (eL) sessions, so the program implementation allows studying also to working students.
During the first 2 months the Modules from Block 1 are implemented as distance learning in the e-classroom through the Moodle platform or Google Classroom, while the Modules from Block 2 and 3 are delivered as blended learning, 60% as F2F and 40% as eL. Block 2 is performed in student’s origin country, while Block 3 at EMUNI premises in Piran, Slovenia or other study programme partner’s country (Table 1).
Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- The role of entrepreneurs,
- Sociological and Psychological Characteristics of Entrepreneurs,
- Types of entrepreneurs and mind-set,
- The entrepreneurial process and the integrative model of entrepreneurship,
- Assess the Market and the Costumer need related to entrepreneurship opportunities.
Entrepreneurial Human Resource Management
- Identify, analyse and appraise HR management strategies,
- Understand different approaches to HR selection, motivation and incentivisation,
- Develop adequate skills in communication with HR,
- Appraise HR performance.
Entrepreneurial Business and Governance Models
- Learn how to use innovative business models to succeed and avoid the challenges,
- Reinforce frameworks and showcase actual business examples into their own project,
- Apply the models developed to their own ventures and fields of interest.
- Differentiate between entrepreneurial finance and ordinary finance,
- Develop a financial plan,
- Measure and evaluate financial performance at all stages of a successful venture’s life cycle,
- Identify the relevant types of financing and investors.
- Understand legal concepts as an integral part of decision making from starting up to building the case and obtaining finance,
- Understand practical ways they can protect a new venture and spot potential issues from a business-legal perspective,
- Analyse the legal, regulatory, and compliance issues affecting the entrepreneurial environment.
- Analyse personal opportunities to develop entrepreneurial activities within your own role,
- Analyse how an organisation develops capacity for entrepreneurial activity in response to its environment,
- Appraise parameters of project management and key elements,
- Evaluate the range of tools appropriate to project management.
Entrepreneurial Marketing Strategies
- Identify and analyse entrepreneurial marketing philosophies that apply to new business ventures, with particular focus on online and social media marketing,
- Assess the marketability and viability of an innovative idea or product in order to design entrepreneurial marketing strategies and effectively target the needs of current and future customers,
- Identify and evaluate the steps involved in developing a Marketing Plan,
- Prepare a primitive Marketing Plan to launch an entrepreneurial venture.
Business Plan Seminar
- Be able to recognize and opportunity and generate ideas,
- Perform Feasibility Analysis of a business idea,
- Perform Industry and Competitor Analysis,
- Develop conceptual thinking about innovative business models,
- Develop basic Business Plans for startup of expansion of products and services in already existing company,
- Have an ability to rationally discuss the main problems/challenges related to building a new venture team,
- Understand the relationship between start-ups and the intellectual property, franchising and the unique marketing concepts,
- Preparation of own business model and business plan.
Teaching staff are coming from EMUNI and EMUNI’s network partner institutions:
- Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI), Slovenia
- International School of Social and Business Studies (ISSBS), Slovenia
- University of Ljubljana (UL), Slovenia
- DOBA Business School (DOBA), Slovenia
- College of Hospitality and Tourism Bled (VŠHTB), Slovenia
- GEA College (GEA), Slovenia
- Università di Siena (SU), Italy
- Università degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bò (USU), Italy
- Arab Academy of Science and Technology, Maritime and Transport (AASTMT), Egypt
- Al Akhawayn University (AUI), Morocco
The assessment varies across the programme. It includes active participation in class and in online activities, written and oral assignments, where the emphasis is on the practical benefits of the tasks. The emphasis of the courses is on scrutinising and improving the selected entrepreneurial idea of the individual participant.
Practice-oriented entrepreneurial training with a focus on regional specificities of
International and intercultural study environment that stimulates creativity, curiosity
Exposure to state-of-the-art businesses and ideas;
Programme seeking to accommodate individual needs;
Modern, active teaching methods and field work;
Small group of devoted individuals, acting as a peer group.
Upon completion of the programme, the participants will be able to either set up their businesses or enhance their running entrepreneurial projects. Their entrepreneurial endeavours will benefit from an awareness of opportunities arising from closer integration in the Euro-Mediterranean and from a strengthened personal network in the region.
Application Fee: 50,00 EUR
Tuition Fee: 750,00 EUR including all costs related to the curriculum, including field visits in Slovenia.
Living Expenses in Slovenia (Piran): Accommodation costs are approximately 350,00 – 500,00 EUR per month; price for 3 meals per day is about 20 – 25 EUR.
Travel Costs: vary greatly, depending on the place of origin. Please refer to the practical information section of our website.
All candidates should apply online via EMUNI’s website. Candidates are required to submit the following supporting documents with their online application form (including the Entrepreneurial Idea Template):
Online application form;
Scanned passport copy in colour;
Scanned copy of all completed degrees in colour (in the original language(s));
Transcript of records (in English);
Proof of English-language proficiency (refer to CEFR under English language knowledge in the application form);
Short description of previous education (written in the English language by the candidate him/herself);
CV in English;
Motivation letter about the candidate’s reason for applying to the programme in English (maximum of 500 words);
Entrepreneurial Idea Form.
A signed Personal Information Consent for storing and managing personal data according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The educational administrators, EMUNI President, and partner institutions, will screen applicants for eligibility and fulfilment of admission requirements.
A selection committee will shortlist the applicants based on the predetermined evaluation grid. This is based on 2 criteria, academic merits (50%) and entrepreneurial potential (50%).
The application deadline is 15 January 2022.